Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I access a copy of the Riviera Gardens CC&R’s?

A: CC&R’s are listed on under Forms and Documents. Find Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (67 pages) and click to access. Available to print a personal copy.

Q: I have a question for the Home Owners Association (HOA) board of directors to consider. How do I submit it and to whom?

A: To be included on the upcoming Board Meeting Agenda your suggestion, concern or maintenance question must be submitted to before the 10th of the month.

Q: Who do I contact regarding broken or leaking water pipes within my unit or building?
A: If the source of the water leak is visible, as from a sink, faucet, shower, toilet, etc., the owner should call their plumber. If the water appears in the wall, ceiling, floor, etc., the source may be from another unit, inside the walls, or beneath the slab. Contact, or Dina Romero at 760-797-7797, After business hours dial Powerstone’s emergency line at 800-408-2242. See CC&R’s Section 10.4(A) for responsible party liability. If the source is obviously coming from another unit as from a shower, water heater, dishwasher, etc. call the owner of that unit. If unsure about name and contact number, call Powerstone at the numbers listed and they will provide that information. See also Riviera Gardens Water Leak Policy listed on the website.

Q: Where is the external water shut-off valve for my building located?
A: When doing any plumbing work in your unit, you will likely need to turn off the water temporarily. Before doing so, you must notify the neighbors in your building, as all units are connected to the same external shut-off valve. Click here for a listing of the valve locations by building and a picture of a shut-off valve.
Q: I would like to install a privacy screen on my second story unit. Is there a specific type of screen that is permitted?
A: The board has approved a specific type of screen that can be attached to balcony railings eo ensure privacy and safety. This is the only approved product for this purpose: Solar Screen, 1×7/16 tan frame, color Desert Sand. Several local contractors install the brand including AlClare Company in Palm Springs.
Q: Must I hire a licensed contractor to do work inside or adjacent to my unit:
A: Yes, all onsite work, whether inside your unit, or on Riviera Gardens common areas, should be done by licensed contractors. This protects the homeowners and our association from liability and potential costs for repairs or injury.  
Q: How do I request work for tree and shrub trimming, removal of dead trees, shrubs and perennials, dead lawn, and related landscaping issues?
A: Landscaping issues are to be reported to or

Q: I want to add seasonal flowers around my unit, do I need review and approval of the Landscaping Committee?

A: Homeowners may plant seasonal flowers immediately outside their unit without approval, however, the landscaping committee or gardener has the right to remove if the plants are neglected. See Riviera Gardens Rules and Regulations, landscaping, page 5.

Q: How do I report broken or misdirected landscaping sprinklers or drip irrigation issues?

A: Contact Mel Kuppinger with Powerstone Property Management at 760-797-3061 or Dina Romero at 760-797-7797 for any situation where the water loss is excessive and requires immediate attention. For non-emergency sprinkler or irrigation issues submit an email service request to or

Q: Who is responsible for pool deck and pool furniture cleaning and related pool maintenance?
A: Maintenance of all common areas within Riviera Gardens is the responsibility of the Riviera Gardens HOA, which then determines maintenance requirements and responsibilities either through contracts or on-site personal. To submit pool maintenance needs contact Mel Kuppinger at or Dina Romero at For additional information regarding common areas see Article 10, Section 10.2 of the CC&R’s.

Q: How can I easily determine the maintenance responsibilities of the homeowner and of the HOA?

A: See Riviera Gardens CC&R’s, Exhibit “C” Maintenance Matrix, toward the end of the document.

Q: What is included in an architectural request and how do I submit it?
A: Anything that is done to or on the outside of your unit must have prior written approval of the Riviera Gardens HOA board of directors. Submit your request to using the form at the end of the Riviera Gardens Homeowners Association Rules and Regulations, found on the Riviera Gardens HOA website, under Homeowners. See Article 7, Architectural Control of the CC&R’s for additional information.

Q: May I offer my Riviera Gardens unit as a short-term vacation rental?
A: Subleasing of units or assignment of leases must be approved in writing by the board of directors. All rentals must be for a term of no less than 30 consecutive days. See Article 8, Renting/Leasing of Condominiums in the CC&R’s.